Christmas in seven short sleeps...not that I'm counting.
But I am making lists and checking them twice...ish.
Then crossing them out and rewriting them...then stressing that I've forgotten something.
- A present for someone important in my life and that perhaps I've missed the on line shopping delivery deadline...despite 59 emails reminding me to purchase prior to 15/12...
- to check my home insurance plan in case of fire caused by outdoor fairy light malfunction (maybe I should attach them to my asbestos shed...thoughts?)
- Is it even worth putting up lights when the neighbours that flank me on two sides have erected light displays that can be seen from space...
- Does an ice cream Christmas pudding constitute as real pudding, and will it turn icy despite triple wrapping it in plastic in the coldest part of the freezer...no one likes an icy ice cream Christmas pudding.
- and why does all the fruit/chocolate/marshmallow sink to the bottom...?
- The decision to send Christmas cards via email...it feels wrong and bad but so 2012.
- I'm ageing so I want to feel all up with it and hip and technologically savvy...and by admitting that am automatically sad, and old.
- Secret Santa. The bain of every working persons life. I like most of my work colleagues but picking a gift with a $15 limit and a thoughtful approach...is sure to entail cool/thrifty/thoughtful gift goes to a colleague I dislike immensely and make me wish I had just bought non winning lottery tickets instead. Grouch...mmm
- Christmas wrapping. Not that there is any pressure whatsoever to do fantastic things with brown paper, twine and a printer. Thanks Pinterst for making my $2 store wrapping look like 50c junk.
- Christmas tree - check
- Christmas wreath - check
- Christmas presents for 99% of people - check
- Christmas bank balance - oh yea!
But I'm done, ready and calling it a day. I'm thankful that I'm not working this year and I cannot wait for my sister and her beautiful family to arrive on Thursday...
Not that I'm counting.