Monday, 19 November 2012

Christmas Table Setting {white,cream,gold and navy}



Well it's official.

I have trodden the first step towards either being a grown up, a prematurely aged person or someone who needs to get out more...

I set the table.

That in itself is OK, I'm not a heathen, I do occasionally migrate from the couch to the table to dine.

However this is a special table...it's a practise table...for Christmas day.

I'm not sure what freaks me out the most, that I have actually done a practise run...
for Christmas...and taken photos of it...

Way too much craziness for me to contemplate here.





It involves the 'good' china, lovely crushed (could not find the iron, well I could but it wasn't in the mood), navy, gold, white and cream, glass, stencils, twine, labels, stamps.......





Bliss.  

Not a hint of red or green.  Just a simple, slight rumpled table set with everyday items from around the house.

Now the table just needs my gorgeous family and friends, yummy food, the necessary bon bons, bad jokes and hats, greasy finger marks and pets begging for scraps.........

It's my favourite part of the day, when you get to set down, stop cursing cooking on a stinking hot day, eat to bursting point, top up with seconds of pudding, ...

And settle down with a new book in the aircon for a long after lunch rest.

Now onto Christmas pudding planning...serious business time!

Linking to

9 comments:

  1. So pretty, I love the unfussiness of it! Enjoy the planning- the anticipation of Christmas is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your table looks beautiful! I love your gorgeous gold plates. You did a fabulous job. Thanks so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. So thrilled to have you. Have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love the shabby with the chic! Great job! THanks for sharing at Happy Hour!!
    Jaime from Crafty Scrappy Happy

    ReplyDelete
  4. melikey the no red or green! i'm a neutral girl so thanks for these inspirations.

    if you haven't already stopped by, it would be a pleasure to have you take a peek at my giveaway: http://www.hellolovelyinc.blogspot.com/2012/12/personalized-lovely-giveaway.html

    i hope you win!

    michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty and neutral. I love the pop of blue. Where are these gorgeous plates from?

    ReplyDelete
  6. looks great. i really love that navy fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! I love the napkins you used and the twine napkin holders :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are so good doing a practice run - now that takes dedication!
    It looks great I really like the patterned napkins :)

    ReplyDelete

Hearing from you makes my day. Comments make a bloggers world go 'round and 'round so thank you for stopping by and taking the time to say hi!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...